On January 23, 2019, AlaskaNor had its fourth project meeting. After having already met in Bodø, Washington D.C. and Anchorage, we now came together in Tromsø during this year's Arctic Frontiers conference.
The meeting was opened by Project Leader Andreas Raspotnik and the Director of the High North Center, Frode Mellemvik. Afterwards, Ian Laing from the Institute of the North provided the participants with an overview of blue economy efforts in Alaska, supported by the insights of other attendees from North America.
Other topics that have been discussed were the proposed "AlaskaNor network-tour" to Alaska in November 2019 and ideas on how to engage more partners with AlaskaNor. Thus, we were happy to welcome representatives from Aleut International Association, Norut, the North Star Group, the Prince William Sound Aquaculture Corporation and Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration to the fourth project meeting of AlaskaNor.
For the first time, the project's reference group member Fran Ulmer and Alf Håkon Hoel, also took part in a meeting and provided the project and work-package leaders with valuable feedback on the project's progress.
- High North Center: Trine Jonassen, Frode Mellemvik, Andreas Raspotnik and Elena Zhurova
- Aleut International Association: Nadine Kochuten
- Arctic Economic Council: Anu Fredrikson and Maria Östensson
- Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs: Fran Ulmer
- Center for High North Logistics: Kjell Stokvik
- High North News: Arne O. Holm
- Institute of the North: Ian Laing
- NORUT: Piotr Graczyk
- North Star Group: Sabra Simmonds
- PetroArctic: Kjell Gjærver
- Prince William Sound Aquaculture Corporation: Casey Pape
- Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration: Igor Khodachek
- UiT, The Arctic University of Norway: Alf Håkon Hoel
- Wilson Center: David Balton