Partners from Alaska and North Norway met for the first time when gathering at the Wilson Center in Washington, D.C. on 15 October 2018.
The meeting was introduced by Mike Sfraga, Director of the Polar Institute at the Wilson Center and Frode Mellemvik, Director of the High North Center, Bodø. Afterwards, AlaskaNor's project leader Andreas Raspotnik and WP5-leader Andreas Østhagen (Fridtjof Nansen Institute) presented on the structure and making of AlaskaNor. The meeting was concluded by a presentation of Charles Colgan (Center for the Blue Economy), who offered a comprehensive definition of blue economy.
- High North Center: Frode Mellemvik and Andreas Raspotnik
- Center for the Blue Economy: Charles Colgan
- Fridtjof Nansen Institute: Andreas Østhagen
- High North News: Arne O. Holm
- Institute of the North: Jon Isaacs and Ian Laing
- North Star Group: Michael Mauer and Karl Ohls
- Royal Norwegian Embassy, Washington, D.C.: Petter Meier
- The Arctic Institute: Malte Humpert
- Wilson Center: Mike Sfraga and Jack Durkee