On 19 November 2018, AlaskaNor's partners got together in Anchorage, Alaska to discuss the road ahead.
Topics on the table were the uncoordinated actions and non systematic information concerning blue economy and activities across the Arctic, in particular in North Norway and Alaska.
The status regarding the blue economy and key economic and societal sectors in Alaska and North Norway, were also discussed. The partners talked about the similarity of the two Arctic regions, in terms of local and regional business development, and what opportunities that does exist for cooperation and collaboration between regional actors.
- High North Center: Andreas Raspotnik
- High North News: Arne O. Holm
- Alaska Ocean Cluster Initiative: Karen Gillis
- Alaska World Affairs Council: Lise Kristiansen Falskow, Royal Norwegian Honorary Consul, Alaska
- Arctic Domain Awareness Center: Randy "Church" Kee
- Arctic Slope Regional Corporation: Teresa Imm
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management: Catherine Coon
- Institute of the North: Hanna Eklund, Jon Isaacs and Ian Laing
- Juneau Economic Development Corporation: Brian Holst
- North Star Group: Karl Ohls
- University of Alaska, Institute of Social and Economic Research: Diane Hirshberg and Ralph Townsend
- University of Alaska, Center for Economic Development: Nolan Klouda
On 20 November 2018, Project Leader Andreas Raspotnik joined Lise Kristiansen Falskow, Royal Norwegian Honorary Consul in Alaska at an event organised by the Alaska World Affairs Council. Andreas introduced the project and generally talked about the research related work at the High North Center in Bodø.