... when AlaskaNor gathered for the fifth time. On this occasion, Bodø was again the meeting place to be - remember we had our kick-off meeting in Bodø in September 2018. This time, however, Nordland Fylkeskommune, one of AlaskaNor's main funder, provided us with a conference room at the Fylkeshuset, downtown Bodø.
Moreover, AlaskaNor was an official side-event of the High North Dialogue 2019. Thus, we were happy to welcome several new faces, all interested in the blue economy potential of Alaska and North Norway and participating in the Dialogue on April 3-4.
As usual, the meeting was opened by Project Leader Andreas Raspotnik and the Director of the High North Center, Frode Mellemvik. This was followed by individual presentations of the four WP-leaders on the progress of their respective work packages, which lead to a broader discussion on the content and styles of the currently developed reports.
At the Fifth AlaskaNor project meeting, the key presentation came from Jon Isaacs, Chair of the Institute of the North's Board of Directors. Jon gave a comprehensive overview of Stakeholder Collaboration in Alaskan Business and Resource Development, followed by comments from among others Mead Treadwell and Mike Sfraga.
The day ended with a project dinner @ Bryggerikaia. It goes without saying, that we served a blue dish.
- High North Center: Frode Mellemvik, Andreas Raspotnik and Elena Zhurova
- Alaska World Affairs Council: Lise Falskow, Norway's Honorary Consul in Alaska
- Arctic Economic Council: Anu Fredrikson
- Center for High North Logistics: Kjell Stokvik
- Fridtjof Nansen Institute: Karoline Hægstad Flåm, Svein Vigeland Rottem and Andreas Østhagen
- Innovasjon Norge: Monica Ahyee
- Institute of the North: Jon Isaacs and Ian Laing
- Minstry of Foreign Affairs, Norway: Rune Jensen
- The Arctic Institute: Malte Humpert
- Treadwell Development: Mead Treadwell
- University of Alberta: Rob McMahon
- University of Alaska, Anchorage: Heather Hudson
- University of Montreal: Suzanne Lalonde
- University of Waterloo: Whitney Lackenbauer
- United States Marine Corps: Lt. Col Ty Moore
- Wilson Center: Jack Durkee and Mike Sfraga
- Ytterstad Fiskeriselskap: Marius Ytterstad
You can also read more about our Fifth Project Meeting on FNI's webpage!!!